Grass Fed Collagen (180 Capsules)
THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR UK SHIPPING ONLY.
Ancestral Supplements Grass Fed Collagen is a dietary supplement that provides pure bovine collagen in a whole food matrix. Most modern day commercial collagens are produced from hides, hooves and horns that are otherwise inedible. As such, they are highly processed with heat, degreasing agents and acids. Ancestral Supplements Grass Fed Collagen is a ‘living’ collagen made from the cartilaginous innards of the animal. An all-natural protease enzyme is used to separate the cartilage from the non-cartilaginous material and the product is then freeze dried. This results in a product rich in nourishing constituents including:
- Amino acids glycine, hydroxyproline and proline
- Trachea-derived collagen, rich in Type II collagen
- Scapula-derived collage, rich in Type II collagen
- Bone-derived collagen, rich in Types I, II and III collagen
- Bioactive growth factors not typically found in other collagen products, including Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, Transforming Growth Factor Beta I and Cartilage Derived Growth Factor
- Molecular biodirectors
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which regulate cell growth and repair, act as lubricants and shock absorbers, and aid wound repair. The GAG layer of the bladder helps to protect it from harmful substances in urine; it is thought that GAG layer damage may be present in patients with interstitial cystitis.
- Chondroitin sulphates, which are some of the most prevalent components of the GAG layer of the bladder
Ancestral Supplements Grass Fed Collagen might support:
- Joint and cartilage health
- Bone health
- Skin, hair and nail health – antiaging!
- Connective tissue health
- Digestive health – leaky gut, inflammation, stomach ulcers
Benefits of Ancestral Supplements Grass Fed Collagen:
- Cattle 100% sourced from New Zealand, a country famous for its clean air and excellent animal husbandry
- Cattle pasture raised, grass fed and grass finished
- Free from hormones, pesticides and GMO ingredients
- No fillers or flow agents
- Freeze dried and non-defatted to preserve vitamins, minerals and co-factors
- Third party tested for purity
- Small batch production to ensure quality and freshness
- Allergen free
Take 6 capsules daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Can be taken with or without food. Can be taken all at once or in divided doses. For added support, the dose may be doubled or tripled. Do not take more than six capsules in a single dose – if doubling or tripling the dose, separate the doses by at least three hours to improve tolerability.
To avoid detox reactions, it is strongly suggested that you start at one capsule a day and increase the dose approximately every three days until you have reached the desired dose. Detox reactions are more likely to occur when starting at the full dose.
If you have an autoimmune condition or are in generally poor health, and/or you know you are sensitive to supplements, it is strongly recommended that you introduce these capsules slowly. You could even start with half a capsule and increase the dosage more gradually than described. Detox reactions may include, but are not limited to: headaches, nausea, lethargy, flu-like symptoms, anxiety and tummy ache. Please educate yourself about detox reactions, also known as healing crises or Herxheimer reactions, before purchasing this product. We will NOT issue refunds because you had a detox reaction and didn’t like it.
Each bovine gelatin capsule contains: 500mg of grass-fed, freeze-dried bovine cartilage, consisting of trachea collagen, scapula collagen, bioactive growth factors and chondroitin sulphates.
Owner of Ancestral Supplements, Brian Johnson, recommends that if you can only afford one of their products, you make it Beef Liver. If you can afford two, he recommends making the second one Beef Organs or Bone and Marrow. However, Bone and Marrow contains rice concentrate as a flow agent, so for those who cannot tolerate rice, Grass Fed Collagen may be an appropriate alternative. Grass Fed Collagen is also a good choice for those who want more collagen than is found in bone marrow.
The Ancestral Supplements website contains an abundance of information about each of their products, as well as traditional eating and living. If you would like more detailed information about Grass Fed Collagen, please follow this link to read it straight from Brian himself!
Tiny says: I did try these for a couple of months, but I had to stop when we went out of stock and I have moved on to try some other Ancestral Supplements products now!